3Alejandro Parra was born in 1980 in Toledo, Spain. He received his B.S. in Chemistry at the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid (Spain) in 2004. In 2006 he spent four months in the laboratory of Prof. Andrew Myers at Harvard University (USA) working on the chemistry of tetracyclines. In 2009, he earned his Ph.D. at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid under the supervision of Prof. José Luis García Ruano. After that he carried out a postdoctoral stay in Institute of Organic Chemistry, RWTH-Aachen (Germany), with Prof. Magnus Rueping (2009-2011) working on the synthesis of heterocycles. He came back to Spain to work in Prof. José Luis García Ruano’s group as Research Associate (Juan de la Cierva Contract). Very recently, he has been promoted to Assistant Professor at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Currently, He is working in Tortosa group and his research interests include boron chemistry, asymmetric catalysis and biomass chemistry.
Highlighted Publications OF ALEJANDRO PARRA in Tortosa group:
· Cyclopropyl- and Cyclobutylboronates and -silanes: A Stereoselective Approach. Martín-Heras, V.; Parra, A. ; Tortosa, M.* Synthesis 2018, 50, 470.
· Stereoselective Traceless Borylation-Allenation of Propargylic Epoxides: Dual Role of the Copper Catalyst. Jarava-Barrera, C.; Parra, A.; Amenos, L.; Arroyo, A.; Tortosa, M.* Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 17478.(highlighted in Synfacts 2018, 14, 169)
· Copper-Catalyzed Eantioselective Synthesis of β-Boron β-Amino Esters. Lopez, A.; Clark, T. B.; Parra, A.*; Tortosa, M.* Org. Lett, 2017, 19, 6272.(highlighted in Synfacts 2018, 14, 273)
· Enantioselective Synthesis of Cyclobutylboronates via a Copper-Catalyzed Desymmetrization Approach. Manuel Guisán-Ceinos, Alejandro Parra, Victor Martín-Heras, Mariola Tortosa,* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6969-6972.
· Copper-Catalyzed Borylative Aromatization of p-Quinone Methides: Enantioselective Synthesis of Dibenzylic Boronates. Carlos Jarava-Barrera, Alejandro Parra, Aurora López, Fabio Cruz-Acosta, Daniel Collado-Sanz, Diego J. Cárdenas, Mariola Tortosa,* ACS Catal. 2016, 6, 442-446. (highlighted in Synfacts 2016, 12, 0291)
· Insight into the Copper-Catalyzed Borylation of Strained Alkenes, Alejandro Parra, Aurora López, Sergio Díaz-Tendero, Laura Amenós, José Luis Garcia-Ruano, Mariola Tortosa*, Synlett 2015, 26, 494. Young Investigators Issue
· Copper-catalyzed diastereo- and enantioselective desymmetrization of cyclopropenes: synthesis of cyclopropylboronates, Alejandro Parra, Laura Amenós, Manuel Guisán-Ceinos, Aurora López, José Luis Garcia-Ruano, Mariola Tortosa*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 15833-15836.
· New Methods in Organic Synthesis via Copper-Catalyzed Borylation Reactions: Stereoselective Synthesis of 1,4-Diols and Vinylboronates, Ricardo Alfaro, Alejandro Parra, José Alemán, Mariola Tortosa*, Synlett 2013, 24, 0884-0812. Invited account.
· Copper(I)-Catalyzed Formal Carboboration of Alkynes: Synthesis of Tri- and Tetrasubstituted Vinylboronates, Ricardo Alfaro, Alejandro Parra, José Alemán, José Luis Garcia-Ruano, Mariola Tortosa*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 15165-15168. (Highlighted in http://www.organic-chemistry.org/abstracts/lit3/792.shtm.)